Design Studies Courses
3 credit $1760.00
3 credit audit $1320.00
1.5 credit $948.00
1.5 credit audit $711.00
1.0 credit $640.00
1.0 audit $480.00
Sustainable Design Courses
1.5 credit $1494.00
1.5 credit audit $1121.00
Please use Self-Service for workshop and seminar pricing.
- Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
- Wait lists
- Transfer Credits
- Waiver Credits
- Release of grades
- Contesting a Grade
- Certificate Completion
- Graduation Celebration
- Educational Appeals
- Enrollment Verification
- Emergency Information
- Library and Media Access
- Health Care
- Student Tax Form Information
Registration: Course registration is available via the Self-Service portal. Students who have taken a course at the BAC may already have an active account and should contact the IT help desk to retrieve their user name and/or password. If a discount is to be applied, registration must be done via phone by calling 617.585.0135.
Audit: Some courses are available to take as a non-credit course at a reduced tuition rate. Students who choose the non-credit option may not combine the audit pricing with any other discount. Audit students are considered to be observers to the course; they are welcome to participate, but acceptance of coursework is up to the instructors discretion. Grades are not issued for audit courses.
- Audit to Credit changes are accepted within the first two course meetings, provided the instructor can provide a grade for all course work. In changing from audit to credit, students will be required to pay the tuition difference.
- Credit to Audit changes are not accepted after the first course meeting.
- Audit and CEU's: CEU's are not available for audit level courses.
CEU: For more information, visit our page on Continuing Education Units.
Wait List: Wait list seats are available for all courses. To be placed on a wait list for a closed course, contact email@example.com and include your name, phone number, and the course name and number. Students will be contacted in order of registration once seats become available.
Cancellation: The BAC reserves the right to cancel courses at any time. If a course is canceled, all students will be notified via their BAC email address and a full refund will be issued. Students may choose to transfer their tuition to a substitute course.
Students wishing to apply discounts to their tuition must register via phone. Please note that discounts are offered only for credit bearing courses and may not be combined.
• Graduates: Those who have completed a BAC degree or certificate receive a 50% reduction in tuition.
• Seniors: Students over 60 are eligible for a 10% tuition reduction.
• Staff: Full-time BAC staff are eligible to receive full tuition remission, 6 credits per academic term, after one year of continuous employment.
• Faculty: Faculty are eligible to take up to 3 credits for no cost during or immediately following the term taught.
- Employer Reimbursement: The BAC can accept employer reimbursement if the employer issues a purchase order at the time of employee registration expressly stating that "all tuition and fees will be paid unconditionally upon receipt of an invoice from the BAC."
- AmeriCorps, VA Funding, and Massachusetts Workforce Investment Act Funding: The BAC is able to assist students looking for funding. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tuition Payment Options
- Higher One Tuition Payment Plan: Students enrolled in certificate programs are eligible to participate in the Higher One Tuition Payment Plan. Higher One Tuition Payment Plan allows students to pay tuition expenses over a two month time span but is not a loan, so no interest is accrued. There is an application fee of $35.00. Students using Tuition Pay must register via phone.
- Alternative Private Loans: CEU courses and certificate programs are not eligible for federally funded education loans. Alternate credit-based loans may be available through private vendors. Click here for more information.
Students may apply to receive transfer or waiver credit for prior college-level, credit-bearing courses from an accredited academic institution. The amount of transfer/waiver credits accepted is determined on a program basis and is at the discretion of the BAC.
- Transfer Credit
Credit bearing courses that contain the majority of the learning objectives of a required BAC course. If accepted, transfer courses reduce the overall number of courses required by the program. Sample work may be requested for design credits.
- Waiver Credit
Credit bearing courses that contain some learning objectives of a required BAC course. If accepted, the wavier credits do not reduce the number of required credits, but allow an alternate course to be taken in place of a required course.
Application for transfer/waiver credit
Submit the following to email@example.com or via postal mail.
- A transfer/waiver request form
- Official, sealed transcripts from each institution for which credit is requested
- A course syllabus or catalog description for each course
All materials must be received in order to complete an assessment. Applicants will be notified via email within 7–10 business days of a decision being made.
Adding/Dropping: Courses may be dropped with no academic or financial penalty before the first class meeting. Students may add a course before the second class meeting of a face to face course, or, before 5:00pm Eastern time on the Monday of week two for online courses. After the first class meeting the refund schedule will be applied to all dropped courses. Dropping a course after the third course meeting constitutes a withdrawal, refunds are not issued for withdrawals. All dropped courses are subject to a $25.00 processing fee. To drop a course email the Add/Drop/Withdrawal form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawing: Dropping a course after the third course and before the last class meeting constitutes a withdrawal. Withdrawals are documented on transcripts as a "W." Non-attendance does not constitute as a drop/withdrawal and may result in a failing grade.
Refunds are processed upon submission of a withdrawal form to email@example.com and are prorated based on the date the withdrawal request is received. Refunds are issued within 2–3 weeks, will appear in the same mode as the original payment, and are subject to a $25.00 non-refundable fee.
Refunds for Summer Academy, non-credit, 1.5 credit, and 3 credit courses
• Prior to the first class meeting 100% *
• Prior to the second class meeting 95%
• Prior to the third class meeting 75%
• After the third class meeting 0%
*Online courses: for refund purposes, class meetings start at 5pm Eastern Time every Monday the course is in session.
- Grade Changes and Appeals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include all applicable forms.
- Transcripts: Transcripts may be ordered from the Registrar by submitting a transcript request form.
Certificate Completion: Upon completion and receipt of their final grade, students must submit a certificate clearance and request form. Certificates are issued on a monthly basis and will be mailed to the postal address provided on the form.
- Educational Appeals: Educational Appeals are available for students who have been unable to complete a course due to extenuating hardships. Students who wish to file an appeal must do so by submitting the Educational Appeal Form (link to form) to email@example.com. Students are expected to supply documentation to support their appeal at the time of submission.
- Enrollment Verification: Students who need proof of enrollment are encouraged to visit Self-Service (link please) and print copies of their schedule and billing.
- Emergency Information: School Delays, Closure and Cancellations will be listed on the BAC main page and all students will receive updates via their BAC email account. Additional safety and security information can be found on the Campus Hours and Building Info page.
- Library: visit the Library website for more information on how to obtain your BAC ID card and access to media labs, printers, copiers and scanners.
Health Care: The state of Massachusetts requires all Massachusetts residents to have healthcare insurance. Students who are enrolled in a certificate program will need to provide proof of health insurance.
Tax Information: 1098T forms are distributed to all students who have supplied the Bursar's Office with a Social Security Number. Forms are mailed at the end of January. Students who would like a form and who have not yet provided a social security number should call the Bursar's Office for additional information 617.585.0115.