Who can use the Library?
- Current students, faculty, and staff may borrow Library materials and access electronic resources onsite and online.
- The Library is open to the public for reference purposes.
- BAC Alumni may pay a $65 annual fee plus a $65 refundable deposit per annum to borrow Library materials.
- BAC Students currently on an official leave of absence or continuing education students not enrolled in a certificate or degree program may pay a $50 refundable deposit to borrow Library materials during the current semester.
BAC ID cards
- New and replacement BAC ID cards are made for current Students, Faculty, and Staff in the Library at the beginning of each semester. Check the Hours page for more information.
- Replacement IDs for students cost $10 (cash only).
- Drinks with a tight fitting lid or cover are allowed in the Library.
- No food of any type is allowed in the Library.
- Silence cell phone ringers and take any calls to the stairwell (phone conversations can still be heard in the 6th floor hallway).
- Abuse of Library services or materials may result in the loss of library privileges.
Printers, copies and scanners
- Two black-and-white printers for patron use with library computers (8.5x11 only).
- Three color scanners for patron use (one 8 1/2 x 11 and two 11x17).
- Two color/black-and-white photocopiers for patron use (8.5x11 or 11x17).
- To make a research appointment to use Memorial Library, please contact Susan Lewis, Library Director
- Borrowing information for onsite Students & Alumni, Online Education Students, or Faculty and Staff.
- When the Library is open materials may be be returned to a staff member at the circulation desk, or in the book return slot in the left side of the circulation desk.
- When the Library is closed, materials may be returned in the book return in the 6th floor hallway outside the Library. The book return is located in the door to your right as you exit the elevator.
Hold requests -Using the Library catalog, patrons may request that a checked-out item be held for them once that item is returned.
- Holds may only be placed on currently checked-out items from the ‘Main Stacks'.
- An email notification will be sent when hold materials are available for pickup.
- Hold materials may be picked up at the Library circulation desk.
- Hold materials not picked up within 7 days will be reshelved.
- Items that have hold requests on them cannot be renewed and must be returned by their current due date. Otherwise, overdue charges will apply.
- An email notification will be sent when an item is recalled.
- Recalled items cannot be renewed and must be returned within three days. Otherwise, overdue charges for recalled items will apply.
- Patrons will be charged a processing fee in addition to the replacement price of the lost item. The processing for books currently in print is $35.The fee for out of print books is $50.
- Patrons may provide a replacement for a lost book. In this case, only the fines will be owed on the lost book.
- Items overdue by 3 months or more will be considered lost, and will be subject to replacement charges.
- Please contact a Librarian to discuss lost or stolen items.
- Every effort will be made to fulfill requests for journal articles the Library does not own.