The Practice Department is excited to introduce a series of new and ongoing Gateway projects for Spring 2014. Gateway offers students a unique opportunity to participate in a range of community-based projects across the spectrum of architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and design studies.
At Open House, students can learn about the Gateway program and this semester's offerings, meet Gateway community clients, and fill out an application for the project of their choice.
This semester's offerings include 10 projects of a variety of scope, scale, and focus: urban design, housing, sustainability, landscape revitalization, interiors, detailing, historic preservation, and more.
Gateway students resolve real design problems for real clients, all while making a difference in the community they serve. By working on a Gateway project, students are able to:
- Develop real projects from the ground-up
- Work closely with peers
- Connect with professional mentors
- Meet and re-creating relationships with clients and community leaders
- Develop the skills of leadership and collaboration
- Earn Practice hours
- Generate strong portfolio work
- Hone presentation, graphic, and communication skills
Gateway exemplifies the BAC's mission of design education through experiential learning. Students of all disciplines and backgrounds are welcome to attend Open House.