The Sustainable Community Planning and Design Certificate is tailored to students interested in aggregations of buildings, whether these be at the neighborhood or city scale. The program features over thirty, 8-week, graduate- level, online courses in sustainable design principles and practices.
Sustainable Community Planning and Design Courses and Curriculum
To earn the certificate, students complete six courses in the program and maintain a cumulative B- average. A bachelor's degree is required for enrollment in the certificate program. Students who do not have a bachelor's degree should contact the Professional and Continuing Education Department.
The following courses must be completed:
- Sustainable Design as a Way of Thinking
- Sustainable Communities: Land Use, Transportation & Planning
- Two courses from the full Sustainable Design Course Offerings
- Two of the following:
- Sustainable Transportation
- Greening the City
- Sustainable Neighborhoods
- Multiple Urbanisms: Divergence or Synergy?