The Sustainable Building Design and Construction Certificate is for students who wish to concentrate on the making of individual buildings.
Courses and Certificate Curriculum
To earn the certificate, students complete six courses in the program and maintain a cumulative B- average. The Sustainable Design Institute has a breadth of over thirty 8-week, online, graduate-level courses in sustainable design principles and practices. A bachelor's degree is required for enrollment in the certificate program. Students who do not have a bachelor's degree should contact the Professional and Continuing Education Department.
The following courses must be completed:
- Sustainable Design as a Way of Thinking
- Two courses from the full Sustainable Design Course Offerings
- Three courses from below:
- Building Envelope
- Daylighting and State-of-the-Art Electric Lighting
- Environmental Systems
- Getting the Green Building You Want: Construction Management
- Green Practice: Energy and Air Quality Principles
- Introduction to the International Green Construction Code
- Materials, Resources and Indoor Environmental Quality
- Site Design, Landscaping, and Site-Water Issues
- The Urgent and Hopeful Future of Sustainable Design