- The LI Joins the School of Landscape Architecture at the BAC!
The BAC is excited to announce new initiatives to bring closer alignments between the degree programs and the certificate programs. As of this August, the Landscape Institute will no longer be housed within the department of Professional and Continuing Education; rather the LI will be a part of the School of Landscape Architecture. The LI director, Heather Heimarck, will work with the head of the School of Landscape Architecture, Maria Bellalta to build synergies and distinct missions for the two programs. LI students seeking support with registration or general information may still use the main P&CE phone number, 617 585-0101.
- Congratulations to Cheryl Miller, LI 2011, who was awarded the 2014 Rudy Favretti Fellowship from the Garden Club of Virginia. The Rudy Favretti Fellowship promotes the research and documentation of historic Virginia gardens held in private hands. Cheryl will be researching the colonial revival Belvoir Farms Estate in The Plains, Virginia.
Cheryl is currently enrolled in BAC's Masters In Design Studies in Historic Preservation, which she is completing on-line from her home in Richmond, Virginia.
- Congratulations to Gina Foglia, former LI instructor and partner of landscape architecture firm Heimarck & Folgia, LLC is the newly appointed Executive Director for COG Design. We wish Gina well as she takes the reigns from Lucia Droby, and keeps the vital work of COG Design going strong.
- Ann Kearsley, ASLA, MLAUD will be returning to the Landscape Institute this fall to teach a course on discourses in ecology. Learn more about contemporary issues in landscape design and Ann by attending her talk on Ecological Landscape Design at Massachusetts Horticultural Society June 12th, 7pm.
- Jill Sinclair, 2006 LI alum and published landscape historian, has a wonderful blog that offers insightful critiques of her European garden travels.
- Join the Landscape Institute LinkedIn group to be a part of the larger conversation. This group is comprised of LI students and graduates as well as international landscape architects and professionals associated with a professional society, The Landscape Institute in England.
- The Landscape Institute Facebook page is full of articles and postings of interest.
- Check out LI Student Pamela Hartford's article on 10 Landscape Design Projects That Turn Damaged and Neglected Spaces Into Healthy, Beautiful Environments!
Two Positions at R.P. Marzilli - Medway, MA
Positions available based out of Weston, Medway, or Mashpee, MA
Gardening Crew Leader- Can you envision yourself leading a crew of passionate, like-minded gardeners who maintain and enhance gorgeous residential estates? If so, you might be a great fit for our award-winning team. This is a leadership position that requires time in the field.
Gardener/Horticulturist- Are you passionate about gardening? Do you love to dig, deadhead, and prune? This is a field position requiring horticultural knowledge, professionalism, and a team skills.
For additional information and desired skill sets for these open positions, email LI alum, Laura Harrigan at email@example.com or call 508 533-8700
New Outreach Coordinator
Position available through the AmeriCorps VISTA Program immediately!
- Two valuable resources, one tailored for orienting prospective students and the other for current students are available on the BAC website. These resources contain policies, procedures and links to forms such as drop/add, certificate application and clearance form and information on student resources.
- Did you know that on the fourth floor of the BAC's main building, 320 Newbury Street, there is an open computer lab where students can scan, print, and adjust large format drawings? Student id cards allow access to the plotters for well below market rate printing and copying cost.
- Self service is the students best resource for obtaining course information, registering for courses, and retrieving grades at the end of the semester. Self Service is also the best resource for registration confirmation, class room locations and obtaining a BAC transcript.
The LI communications with students in these three electronic formats:
Events - a monthly e-mail highlighting different events in and around the Boston area, as well as specific Landscape Institute events
Course announcements - for special workshops, lectures and registration updates
Newsletter - a quarterly newsletter focusing on innovative work in the landscape design field, profiles on different faculty and students, events, and alumni work
We encourage students and alums to send along information about their work, accomplishments, kudos to friends and peers, and any event of interest. Please note: as events are sent quarterly, we will only post events which will occur in the three months following the issue date of each newsletter. Forward information to Heather Heimark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Events and news will also be posted on this Bulletin Board, monthly.