The MDS in Sustainable Design supports a wide variety of career opportunities:
- Sustainable Design Specialist in an architecture, interior design or landscape architecture practice
- Sole practitioner with a specilization in sustainable design
- Sustainable design consultant
- Green design advocate
- Sustainable design specialist in:
- Municipal or state government
- Non-profit agencies
- Contracting or construction
- Development and real estate
- Facilities and institutional management
- Green campus initiatives
Joining the MDS places you in a networked cohort of persons exploring careers in a common field - a cohort surrounded in turn by a faculty of experienced professionals who have already begun worthy careers in preservation.
Because of its low-residency/ online format, the program allows students to begin internships or full-time employment during their studies. This type of "concurrent education" is a hallmark of educational philosophy at the BAC - where students go to school as aspiring practitioners, and to go to work as lifelong learners.