Hi IE6 user, you're viewing a text-only version of the BAC site. Upgrade to a free browser like Google Chrome to get the full experience.

Apply to the BAC

BAC Housing Now Available

For more information please contact the Admissions Office at 617 585-0123 or admissions@the-bac.edu.

The BAC maintains a policy of open admission for all on-site degree programs, stemming from the philosophy that those who wish to pursue the study and practice of design deserve an opportunity to do so. Admission decisions are made throughout the year on a rolling basis. 

To apply for our on-site undergraduate programs please provide the following:

To apply for our on-site graduate programs please provide the following:

There is no deadline to apply for our on-site degree programs. If you would like to be considered for our Dean's Scholarship you must complete your application by November 15th for Spring Semester, or February 15th for Fall Semester 

Students who were previously enrolled at the BAC and wish to return after being away for more than four consecutive semesters are required to reactivate. Reactivating students fill out the Application for Admission, although the supporting documents are not required. There is a $150 reactivation fee. Reactivating students do not pay the $50 application fee. Reactivating students are required to fulfill any curricular changes that have been implemented since their original semester of matriculation. For more information about the reactivation process, please contact Rebecca Chabot-Wieferich.

Guidelines for students who reactivate their BAC enrollment after four or more semesters of consecutive absence
Consistent with BAC policies, students who leave their programs of study at the College while they are on probation will continue their probationary status and requirements upon re-enrollment. If students re-enter after a period of time greater than the 4-semester limit of absence, and their prior grades indicate poor performance, a Contract for Educational Progress will be created through a process of meetings between the student, her or his advisor and her or his Head of School or Program. Only courses in which students have earned a "C" or better will be counted toward degree completion. If a student wishes to re-enter a BAC program after 5 or more years of absence, s/he must meet with a School or Program Head in order to determine what courses will be counted toward degree completion.

Deferred Admissions
Accepted students may defer their entrance for up to four semesters by informing the Admissions Office in writing. Deferral requests should be submitted as soon as possible, but no later than the end of the first week of the semester for which the student was initially accepted. Upon receipt of the request, the BAC will hold a place for the student in the next entering class.

Upon admission to the BAC, prospective students are given a deadline by which they must respond to confirm enrollment. Payment of the Intent to Register fee of $150 is required to hold a place in the next entering class and to gain  access to orientation, which includes employment resources. Prospective students may request an extension of their response date. Requests should be directed in writing to the Admission's Office. The Intent to Register fee is refundable up to May 1st (for the fall semester) and December 1st (for the Spring semester). New students may enroll at the BAC on a full or part-time basis. However, students seeking financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office regarding minimum credit requirements for aid eligibility