Access card rules and policy to all students with card access.
The following rules and guidelines are intended to be in Compliance with all campus rules and regulations, as well as the Campus Compact and Security Directive and will ensure continued building privileges.
Students who are given an access card for use at 320 Newbury Street and/or 951 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115 are required to sign for the receipt of the access card that has been activated in their name, along with this contract for their personal records. (Which also can be found on the BAC's website).
Students must sign for the receipt of their access card and agree to this contract (stated herein) that they acknowledge that the access card received for the course they are registered in must be returned by the end of the semester. All cards will deactivate the day before Campus Cleanout Day, this can be date found on the BAC's academic calendar. ALL cards are to be returned to the Operations Department, located at 951 Boylston Street on the ground floor level no later than Campus Cleanout Day. Students will be sent a reminder of the deadline date, to their BAC email, near the end of the semester and before Campus Cleanout Day. Any cards NOT returned by Campus Cleanout Day will be charged a $30.00 fee which will be placed on your billing account.
All projects left behind will be disposed of on Campus Cleanout Day.
Building(s) Access information:
• Upon receipt of the contract and access card for which you have signed for, this card gives you 24/7 + holiday access to 320 Newbury Street and/or 951 Boylston Street.
• You will need to sign into the log book at the front Security Guard desk, indicating the time and your location in the building.
• When you leave the building, you must sign out, noting the time.
• *This is very important. In case of an emergency Security personnel can notify Fire and Police responding to the BAC that there are people in the building and their location.
When entering the 951 Boylston Street building:
• Tap the access card to the grey access card panel beside the glass doors
• Take the ramp to the elevator or stairwell at the rear of the building
• Upon reaching your designated floor, tap the grey access panel beside the door to unlock the door for access.
• After normal building hours when the building is locked, you are only permitted into your designated classroom area.
• Please be reminded, you are not permitted in any other areas of the buildings. Many areas of the BAC are alarmed.
• When exiting the building make sure the doors close and lock before you walk away from the building, this is for security purposes.
When entering the 320 Newbury Street building:
• Tap the access card to the grey access card panel on the right of the main entrance doors. Upon entering through the second glass door and signing in at the guard's desk, take the stairs on your immediate right or the elevator to your designated classroom.
• Do NOT go into the Gallery, many areas will be alarmed.
• Do NOT use the Monumental Staircase behind the Security Desk
• Do NOT go to the student mailboxes or other first floor areas
• Do NOT go to the Loft.
• Do NOT try to access any other floors except for your designated floor.
When leaving the 320 Newbury Street building:
• You need to simultaneously press the "red button" to the left of the double doors and push the door to exit the building.
• Make sure the doors close and lock before you walk away from the building, this is for security purposes.
If you lose your card or have trouble using it please email the Operations Department immediately at email@example.com or call 617-585-0211 or notify the Security Guard at the front desk at 320 Newbury Street or 951 Boylston Street location.
Access to the buildings comes with certain responsibilities, which are necessary for the safety of the individual and the school. Please remember that studio space is a privilege, which can be revoked if abused.
I (the student), agree to the following:
Proper use of space:
- To only use the elevator and/or designated stairs to access the designated classroom during closed building hours.
- To NOT bring in pets, bicycles, skateboards and roller blades, they are NOT allowed.
- Studio Residents agree to wear a headset when using music players. This respects other student's music choices, as well as the ongoing scheduled reviews
- Do not block, prop open or obstruct in any way the front door, elevator door, stairwell door or the designated classroom doors as this is a breach in security.
- You agree to NOT permit others to gain access to the main entrance or studio.
- DO NOT LOAN or GIVE YOUR CARD TO ANYONE! (Only the assigned cardholder has studio access privileges and the cards are activated in your name.)
- When accessing the front doors or designated classroom doors, wait for them to close & lock completely upon entering and/or exiting the building.
- To stay out of any unauthorized areas and areas which could set off alarms.
- To not sleep overnight at the BAC.
- I agree to evacuate the buildings when required (fire alarm, power outage, per a security request, etc.)
- To not use other rooms aside from the designated room which you are given access to.
- To follow all rules posted in the studio, as well as those attached to this agreement.
- Call 911 and then alert security immediately if there is a problem or emergency.
- To notify security, speak with the guard at the desk, or if they are unavailable, call 617-912-9191. Remember to first call 911 in an emergency situation!
Most importantly: Do NOT jeopardize your personal safety.
If you see an intruder attempting to forcibly enter the building, or you notice any other suspicious behavior, call 911 and then speak with the security officer on duty. If the officer is unavailable, notify security by calling 617-912-9191.
Fire Drill - Call 911 and then notify security at 617-912-9191.
• When fire alarms sound and emergency lights are flashing please evacuate the building immediately in an orderly fashion.
• Take all belongings with you if possible
• Please walk immediately to the EXIT STAIRWELLS.
• DO NOT USE ELEVATORS!
• Upon exiting the building, gather across the street from the building as a safety measure.
• Do NOT re-enter the building until the fire department has given you permission to do so.
• Do not try to silence the alarm yourself. The alarm company will automatically respond within two hours.
• Fire equipment may not be removed or tampered with. It is against the law to block fire exits, and/or to obstruct passage to the outside (i.e., working in the stairwells and bicycle storage in studios is prohibited).
*In case of a plumbing failure (i.e. flooding), broken windows, or other emergencies, contact Security immediately. 617-912-9191.
Please Note: You must have your building access card on you at all times. If a guard is doing their security checks you must produce your access card if requested. If you cannot produce your card, you will be asked to leave the building. The Security Guard has been instructed to let ONLY students and faculty members with ACCESS CARDS remain in the building during the designated hours. If you fail to leave, you will lose your privileges.
• There is absolutely no smoking, no drinking and no alcohol permitted in the studio space. Smoking, drinking, or using illegal substances in the studio, will constitute immediate grounds for expulsion from the BAC. All Reviews are alcohol free, as outlined in the BAC Policies & Procedures.
• It is strictly forbidden to set up any power tools and/or electrical appliances, other than those already provided by the BAC (i.e., hotplates, refrigerators, toaster ovens, fans, etc.).
DO NOT move furniture, hang items from the ceiling, lighting fixtures, sprinkler pipes, or paint walls, put tape on painted surfaces; or remove or damage equipment.
Do not change any existing facilities arrangements without the permission of the Associate V.P. of Facilities; Art Byers; Facilities@the-bac.edu
All trash must be placed in the appropriate receptacles. All personal belongings and projects must be confined to the area of your studio space; we are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please be responsible of your personal belongings. Please keep all aisles free and clear. This is necessary for your safety.
All rules associated with the privilege of having an Access Card must be followed, including: carrying a current Student ID at all times and restricting one's movements to only those areas pertinent to one's project review studio space.
Students are responsible for supplying their own hardware (computer, printer, etc.).
The BAC is not responsible for personal equipment losses because of theft, power surges, etc.
If items are stolen, please report this by speaking to the Security guard at the 320 Newbury Street Security Desk or by emailing Security@the-bac.edu as soon as possible.
Departing Students are expected to leave Studio Workspaces in clean and orderly condition.
There is no reserved parking for Students or Thesis Representatives/Advisors/Faculty.
Emergency Numbers (in order of contact): 911
1. Longwood Security..... 617.730.7160
2. 320 Newbury Street Security..... (Longwood) Security@the-bac.edu ..... 617.585.0200
3. 951 Boylston Street Security (Longwood Security) Security@the-bac.edu..... 617.585.0108
4. Art Byers, Assoc. V.P. of Facilities, Art.Byers@the-bac.edu..... 617.585.0220
5. Patti Vaughn, Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org ..... 617.585.0211
I have reviewed and understand the Security Procedures outlined in this letter and will adhere to the rules and regulations set forth.
I am also aware that if I do not adhere to these rules and regulations, my access privileges to BAC buildings at 320 Newbury Street and 951 Boylston Street will be revoked.
By receiving an access card you are agreeing to comply with all regulations while in the 320 Newbury Street and/or the 951 Boylston Street buildings. You also understand that access cards must be returned by Campus Cleanout Day. All projects left behind will be disposed of after this date.
Access cards should be returned to the Operations Department, located on the ground level of the 951 Boylston Street building. If there are extenuating circumstances and you are unable to return your access card in person by Campus Cleanout Day you must email email@example.com by Campus Cleanout Day to make other arrangements to return your access card and/or key(s).