Longwood Security Services provides public safety and security for the Boston Architectural College (BAC).
In case of an Emergency call: 911, then (617) 912-9191 (external) if possible, or dial extension 243, (internal). In the event of emergency, Longwood Security follows protocol specific to the nature of the critical event.
• In case of a Medical Emergency: Call 911
• Please notify Security at (617) 912-9191, from an external phone. [Staff dials Ext 243]
• (100 Mass. Ave. & 951 Boylston St., familiarize yourself with emergency phones on each floor - this will
connect you to Longwood Security)
• On-site Security can help make a determination as to whether or not medical attention is required.
• If medical attention is needed and the injury is minor, Security can treat the victim with the first aid kit.
• If the injury is more serious, Security can call an ambulance.
• Boston Medical Center, 1 Boston Medical Center Place (5 minutes / 1.45miles)
• Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 1 Deaconess Road (6 minutes / 1.79 miles)
• New England Baptist, Huntington Ave (8 minutes / 2.38 mile
• Brigham and Women's Hospita,l 75 Francis Street (7 minutes / 1.9 miles)
• Mass General Hospital, 721 Huntington Ave. (6 minutes / 1.83 miles)
Security completes an incident report and forwards it to Director of Administrative Operations and the Director of Facilities. A file is maintained for the Federal year-end statistics report.
• When fire alarms sounds and emergency lights are flashing please evacuate the building immediately in an orderly fashion
• If possible take all belongings with you
• Please walk immediately to the EXIT STAIRWELLS.
• DO NOT USE ELEVATORS!!
• Upon exiting the building please gather across the street from the building as a safety measure
• Do NOT re-enter the building until the fire department has given permission to do so
• Report all incidents to Security as soon as possible at the 320 Newbury Street location
• Security can also be notified by phone at (617) 912-9191 from an external phone [Staff dials Ext 243]
• (100 Mass. Ave. & 951 Boylston St,. familiarize yourself with emergency phones on each floor - this will
connect you to Longwood Security.)
• A report will be filed with the BAC and Longwood Security
• If stolen property is found, the person will be notified
• Please report any stolen items to the local police department in our precinct which is located at:
Boston Police Department, 650 Harrison Avenue Boston, MA 02116-6199
Telephone: (617) 343-4250
Security completes an incident report and forwards it to the Director of Administrative Operations and the Director of Facilities. A file is maintained for a Federal year-end statistics report.
SUDDEN AND INCLEMENT WEATHER
(ie. Snow storms, blackouts, etc.) - If the decision has been made to close the BAC buildings; Security will alert all those entering the campus that the building is closing and the designated time. Notification will be posted on the main page of the BAC's website, email notifications will be sent to current faculty, staff and students. The telephone's voicemail system will be updated to the buildings closing status.
You can also find our college closing notification on the following broadcasts:
- WCVB-TV channel 5; wcvb.com
- WBZ 4 Storm Center; boston.cbslocal.com
- 7 News Boston Storm Force WHDH-TV; whdh.com
- Fox 25 News; myfoxboston.com
STATEWIDE EMERGENCY AND EVACUATION PROCEDURES
for an Emergency call: 911, then (617) 912-9191 if possible:
The fire signal is an audible alarm made through the fire system when you hear it please -
Leave the immediate area where the hazard exists.
Use the handrails and walk single file on the right side of the stairs. Do not use the elevator.
Remain calm and quiet in order to hear additional instructions.
Exit the facility and remain at least 100 feet away from the building or at an established meeting place.
Remain outside of the facility until instructed by emergency response to re-enter.
Cooperate with emergency response personnel
Security will alert all those entering the campus that the building is closed (based on the direction of senior management)
LONGWOOD SECURITY ESCORT
An escort is available at all times. Anyone requesting an escort service may ask the security officer on site to secure one through the Longwood Security main office.
MENTAL HEALTH/CRISIS AND ASSISTANCE
The Boston Emergency Services Team, under the leadership of Boston Medical Center and with the support of the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership and the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health, provides 24-hour service for adults and children in need of immediate psychiatric intervention. Individuals who need emergency care are assessed and briefly treated by experienced, master's level clinicians and physicians who specialize in rapid response to those in psychiatric crisis. B.E.S.T. provides a comprehensive, highly integrated system of crisis evaluation to children, adolescents, adults, including the elderly, the homeless, mentally ill and the multi-cultural populations within the Metro Boston areas. This toll-free number can be used 24 hours a day, seven days a week. By using the 1-800-981-HELP helpline, a caller is assisted in dealing with a psychiatric, crisis support, information and referrals. The caller may be directed to a B.E.S.T. Urgent Care Center, a Designated Emergency Department, or a crisis intervention mobile team may be dispatched to the site of the crisis. If you or someone in your family is in crisis, consider calling 1-800-981-HELP for guidance. They may suggest useful alternatives to the Emergency Department.
Please be Advised:
- Anyone visiting the BAC must sign into the guest book at the front desk with Security.
- Any guest visiting the gallery may do so once they have signed the guest book. If they wish to tour the campus they must alert the Admissions department who will work with them to set up a tour when available. Guest are not to tour the campus unescorted.
- Children visiting the campus must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Working dogs are allowed in the building. NO other pets are allowed on campus.
- Students are not permitted to store items at the security desk. We cannot be held responsible for items left unattended.